0xC1900101 driver errors in Windows 10 [COMPLETE GUIDE]
The driver error happens quite often when users try to upgrade their OS.
This error is triggered by various factors related to the driver: users do not install the latest driver updates on their computers, some drivers are not compatible with the latest versions of Windows 10, and many more.
Many users try to upgrade to Windows 10 reported that they could not complete the upgrade process for a series of errors 0xC1900101. As a quick reminder, 0xC1900101 error specific to a driver issue.
Here is a driver-related errors that you may face when upgrading to Windows 10:
0xC1900101 – 0x2000c
0xC1900101 – 0x20004
0xC1900101 – 0x20017
0xC1900101 – 0x40017
0xC1900101 – 0x30018
0xC1900101 – 0x3000D
0xC1900101 – 0x4000D
Solution 1 – Update or uninstall the faulty driver
If you are upgrading from Windows 10 to the latest version of it, follow the steps to find all of the drivers in question:
- Go to Local Disk C: Windows.
- Please scroll down to the Panther folder and open it.
- Open setuperr.log and Setupact.log to find problematic drivers. Make sure that you may have to take ownership of files to access them.
- Uninstall the driver damaged.
- Automatic driver updates
Suppose this method does not work or you do not have the computer skills necessary to update/improve the driver manually after uninstalling them. In that case, we strongly recommend to do it automatically by using this Tweakbit driver Updater tool.
- Microsoft and Norton Antivirus approve this instrument. After several tests, we concluded that this team is best-automatized solutions. Below you can find a brief guide on how to solve:
Install, Download TweakBit Driver Updater and then
- Once installed, the program will begin scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check the version of your installed drivers to the latest version of the cloud database and recommend appropriate updates. Now you have to wait for the scan to complete.
- After the scan is complete, you get a report on all the driver problems found on your computer. Review the list and check if you want to update each driver separately or all at once. To update one driver at an earlier, click the ‘Update driver next to the driver’s name. Or click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to install all recommended updates needed.