Windows update is really important for the Windows operating system as it fixes previous errors and buges as well as bring with itself more security and other new features. If your update process stops in between update because of the error code 0x80070003 then read this article till the end to know how to fix it.
How to fix the error code: 0x80070003?
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Perform a DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Delete DataStore folder:
- Open the File Explorer
- Then open the C: drive or wherever Windows 10 system is installed
- Now double click on the Windows folder
- Look for the SoftwareDistribution folder and then simply double click on it
- Head over to the DataStore folder and open it
- Delete every file and folder present in the DataStore folder
- Now head back to the SoftwareDistribution folder
- Look for the Download folder and double click on it
- Next, delete each and every file in the Download folder
- Restart your PC and try to start the Update process again
Other ways to fix this issue:
- Use command prompt to restart Windows update
- Restart the Windows update service
If this article helped you fix the issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.