Can’t Create Installation Media for Windows 10 [FIX]
To create installation media, you must have Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 operating system installed on your machine. If you have another version of Windows, it will not work properly. Also, if you create installation media, your PC makes your PC and install from the media must have a 32 or 64 bit systems are the same. So, basically, if you have made the installation media from a 32-bit system and you try to install it on 64 bit systems, it will not work.
How to fix Windows installation media
To create installation media, you will need:
lock a Windows product that you can find on CD or DVD, or you can only get it from the official website of Windows where you buy it from.
Depending on where you want to copy the installation media, you will need either a USB drive, external hard drive, or a CD or DVD.
Note: The storage device where you copied the installation media must be empty. Make you have anything on it before starting the process.
Now follow these following steps to create installation media on Windows 10, 8.1:
- left-click on the link below for a copy of the Windows 8.1 Setup package
- Windows 10, 8.1 package setup here
- left-click on the “Save file” after you click on the link above and save it to your desktop.
- Go where you saved the file and double-click (left click) on it.
- Choosing to run out of the options presented.
- Once you run the file, you will get another window where you will have to type in your product key windows 10, OS 8.1.
- A window will appear as you type a product key, and you need to left-click on the “Install by creating media”.
- Left-click on “Next” after you select the features above.
- You can plug in a USB, external hard drive, or a DVD and start the installation.
- Once you click “Next,” You have to choose the storage device where you want to copy the installation media for Windows 10 8.1
Note: Whatever you have in the storage device will be removed, so make sure it was empty when you enter and select the installation media.