It’s possible that due to some system glitches nor other factors, you face trouble installing the Windows 10 software on your computers. This article provides a fix to this issue so that you can go back on installing Windows 10. All you have to do is keep reading and follow the steps.
How to fix the can’t install Windows 10 error?
Make sure your PC is on throughout the update:
So sometimes it can be possible that during the installation, your PC restarts or you get logged out, which results in incomplete installation and hence, further causing the errors. Therefore make sure the PC doesn’t restart because of some cable or voltage problems, plus you’re logged in throughout the installation. This can fix the error if it was happening because of an incomplete installation.
Turn off your VPN:
Windows must connect to the Windows update server during installation. So you should consider turning off your VPN and retry the installation process.
Free space on the hard drive:
- Click on the start menu.
- Then choose settings
- Now head over to the system.
- Now free up space that is enough for Windows to install
Run a DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command and press Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Lastly, let the command run and restart the PC
Other solutions to solve this issue:
- Fixing driver errors
- Uninstall the incompatible apps
- Check if your compatibility to install Windows 10