The Dwm.exe is essential for the explorer process. There can be an error in it due to malware, corrupted files, bad driver, etc. This error usually results in high CPU power usage, extra memory usage, crash, or virus. Here are some solutions to fix this issue in Windows 10.
How to fix the Dwm.exe high CPU usage, crash error?
Disable and restart Explorer.exe using task manager:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- After the Task manager opens, click on the. Processes Tab
- Now look for explorer.exe click end task.
- Choose Run New Task
- Now click explorer.exe and click ok.
Check for malware:
It may be possible that your computer is attacked and infected by malware, which is causing too much memory and CPU power usage. So you should consider running a malware check on your antivirus and remove any existing malware on your system.
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Turn off chrome pepper flash extension:
- Open Chrome
- Now type chrome://plugins in the website address box and click Enter
- Look for Chrome Pepper Flash from the list and click Disable
If you know more solutions to this issue, let us know in the comments section.