The internet connection sharing utility enables you to share the internet from your PC to other local devices. However, this utility has its own glitches and error, one being the connection error that says: An error occurred while Internet connection sharing was being enabled. In this article, you’ll find all the relevant information needed to fix this issue so read the whole article for full information.
How can I fix the Internet Connection Sharing error?
Check the Internet Connection Sharing service settings and service:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type ncpa.cpl in the text box and press OK
- After the network connection window opens click on properties
- Then click on Sharing Tab
- Select the checkbox that says Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection and press Ok
- Now open the RUN dialogue box again and type services.msc and press OK
- Then double click the Internet Connection Sharing service
- Choose Automatic (Delayed Start) from the drop down menu
- Press Apply and OK to save changes
Check if all essential services are enabled
Open the services window again and see if thw following services are enabled:
- Plug And Play
- Application Layer Gateway Service
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness (NLA)
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Windows Firewall
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install a more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If you were able to resolve the issue using this article then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.