The calculator is an essential app to calculate important figures in daily life. However, sometimes the app stops working. You can fix this issue by simply reinstalling the app but if that doesn’t work then you can try out the below-mentioned methods to fix the problem.
How to resolve the issue of a not working calculator?
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Reset Calculator App:
- Open Settings
- Then head over to the Apps section
- Choose Calculator and click on Advanced Options
- Next, click the Reset button
If this article helped you fix the issue then, please let me know in the comments section below.