Photo Library is like your phone’s camera roll but on the computer. It is to browse through your pictures and organize them in albums. It may be possible that you’re trying to upload your pictures from another device such as a smartphone or tablet. However sometimes instead of normal importation of photos, users are prompted with Error 0x80004005 . This article will act as a guide to help you fix this issue on your Windows 10 PC.
How to fix the Error 0x80004005?
Disable startup apps:
- Search for MSConfig in the search box
- After the search is done, left click on the MSConfig icon
- Then left click on Services tab
- Select the check box besides the Hide all Microsoft services and then left-click on the Disable all button
- Next left-click on the Startup tab
- Then open Task Manager
- In the Task Manager window left click on the Startup tab
- Then left-click Disable all apps one at a time
- Now close the Task Manager window
- Left-click on the OK button inside the System Configuration window
- Finally restart the computer and see if the issue is fixed
Import as admin:
- Restart your Windows
- Then log in to you administrator account
- Now simply try to import photos and see if the issue is fixed
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install a more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
If the article turned out to be an effective guide in fixing the Error 0x80004005 then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.