DirectX is Windows 10’s component that is required by many multimedia applications on your computer. However, there are specific errors found in the DirectX such as ‘Can’t install Direct X in Windows 10’ so today we’re going to talk about how to fix the error!
How to fix the error ‘Can’t install Direct X in Windows 10’
Solution 1: Download the missing DLL files
Before I mention about the process to download missing d.ll files, I want you to know that this solution might bring instability to your system so if you’re up for taking a risk then only you should go for this solution. If you’re ready for this solution so here it is. All you’ve to is download missing d.ll files and transfer them to WindowsSystem32 [32-bit] or WindowsSysWow64 [64-bit] folder.
Note: It is advisable to copy d.ll files from another computer then downloading them from the internet because that’s not a safe option for your PC
Solution 2: Reinstalling your graphic card drivers
If you don’t want to perform the first solution, then here it is another way to fix the ‘Can’t install DirectX’ error. This solution refers to reinstalling the graphic card drivers. Just follow the below mention steps to perform the task.
- Press Win key + X key
- Now click on Device Manager
- When the Device Manager manager opens head to Display Adapters section. Now find your graphic card driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective graphic card’s manufacturer’s site and download the latest drivers for your graphic card
- And then install them on your computer
Solution 3: Downloading Visual C++ Redistributables
If the above solutions don’t work then try installing Visual CC++ Redistributables. Installing them can fix the DirectX errors such as the error ‘Can’t install DirectX’
These were some solutions to fix the error if you know more please mention in the comments below!