Sometimes you receive a notification saying: Check your virus protection error. It is important that you get rid of this notification in order to work safely and efficiently on your PC. In this article, you will find the best solutions to this issue hence, keep reading and following the steps.
How to fix the check your virus protection error?
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Turn off antivirus:
- Open Control Panel
- Choose System and Security
- Click on Security and Maintenance
- Then click on Change Security and Maintenance Settings
- Now, simply disable the third-party antivirus installed
Perform a full system scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan
- Go to the start menu and search defender
- Now double click and open the tool
- Then choose the shield icon
- Now click on Advanced Scan option
- Check the full system scan box
- Let the scan run and if you find any malware remove it
If this article was useful in the error then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.