Updates are essential for any software or program and the same goes for the Windows software. However, there are various issues found when updating Windows software. Here in this article, we bring you solutions to the common update issues such as failed updates and these solutions help you get rid of such issues faced by your Windows update.
How to fix the common Windows update issues?
Rename the distribution folder:
- Open command prompt and run as admin
- Then type the following command and press Enter:
net stop wuauserv
ren c:windowsSoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
net start wuauserv
- Let the command run then run the update and see if the problem is fixed
Run a DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Use Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
If you found this article informative and helpful then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.