Editing your Windows registry can be a fix to a lot of issues found in Windows. But what if you messed up the editing and now your registry is corrupted. Well, in that case, you might want to fix the registry as soon as possible, and so we’ve made this step by step guide for you to fix a corrupted registry.
Run startup repair:
- Use Windows 10 installer DVD
- Next, insert the bootable DVD and restart your PC
- Now press the F8 key repeatedly to open the DVD boot
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu
- And choose repair from the options
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Run a startup repair:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Choose recovery and click on get started
• Now choose Reset, then select keep my files and follow the instructions appearing on the screen
We’re sure that you were able to fix the issue by using the mentioned methods. Perhaps, it is possible that in certain cases, you couldn’t fix the issue through the methods mentioned above, so if you found out a different way to fix the error, please let us know as well as if the article was helpful to you then leave your feedback in the comments section below.