Windows 10 has many exciting features and one of those features is Cortana, a personal assistant software found in Windows 10. Cortana assists users in completing tasks easily and quickly. But some due to some reasons Cortana stops working. This doesn’t mean that this issue can’t be fixed. You can fix this issue by simply applying the methods given below.
How can I fix the Cortana if it stops working?
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
If the Cortana issue was resolved by using the solutions mentioned in the article then, please leave a comment below.