With the world getting more and more digital, one needs to remember many passwords and login information for their different accounts on different platforms. In the middle of this, it is possible that people can forget their login information. However, you don’t need to worry about your PC’s login information as Windows Credential Manager will store it for you. But it is possible that sometimes the Credential Manager stops working, perhaps you can still fix it and go back on using the Credential Manager.
How to fix a non-working Credential Manager?
Change internet options:
- Open the RUN dialogue box, type inetcpl.cpl and click OK
- Now inside the Internet Properties window press on the Content Tab
- Then select Settings in AutoComplete section
- Next, deselect all the checkboxes and click OK to save changes
- Click on Settings again and simply enable all the options and press OK to save changes
- Head back to the General Tab and click Delete in the browsing history section
- Simply restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Set the Credential Manager service to Automatic:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type service.msc in the dialogue box and click OK
- From the list of services look for Credential Manager and double click on it
- Then set the Startup type to Automatic and click on Apply + Ok to save changes
Enter the credentials manually:
- Search and open Credentials Manager
- Then select Windows Credentials and click on Add a generic credential
- Now enter the necessary information and click OK to save changes
If the article helped you fix the Credential Manager issue then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.