Windows 10 has its own list of numerous errors, among those is the Error 0x80070005 Access is denied. This error usually occurs when you’re trying to move, rename or delete a folder/file. But worry not you can resolve this issue by using the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the error 0x80070005?
Gain admin rights:
- Right click on the file or folder that you want to modify
- Then select Properties from the menu
- Now head over to the Security Tab
- Navigate to user section
- If you don’t have admin rights then select Advanced Options
- Choose the owner field, under Advanced Security Settings and select Change
- From the user window select Advanced
- Then type your username and click on Check Names
- Choose your account and click Ok
- Next select the check box Replace owner on sub containers and objects
- Lastly click Ok and Apply to save changes
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
Update group policy settings:
- Open the command prompt
- Then type in the following command and hit Enter:
- Let the command run and restart the PC
If the article turned out to be a useful guide in fixing the error 0x80070005 then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.