Sometimes you may want to uninstall a feature tool or any Windows program on your Windows 10, but you’re prompted with an error saying ‘Error opening installation log file‘. Here are some solutions to solve this error; keep reading.
How to fix Error opening installation log file in Windows 10?
Disable and restart Explorer.exe using task manager:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- After the Task Manager opens click on the. Processes Tab
- Now look for explorer.exe click end process.
- Choose show processes from all users.
- Now click end process.
- Next press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- Click on file
- Choose Run New Task
- Now type explorer.exe
- Now see if the desktop icons appear.
Using command prompt:
- Press the Windows key + X key
- Then run command prompt as admin.
- Now type in the following command in the command prompt.
TEMP + %tmp%
- Press Enter and let the command run after that restart your PC and see if the issue persists.
Reinstalling Windows Installer:
First, rename the damaged Windows Installer files and then follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- Now type cmd in the box and press Ok.
- Next type cd%windir%\system32 and press Enter
- Type attrib -r -s -h dllcache and then press Enter
- Type ren msi.dll msi.old and then press Enter
- Type ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old and then press Enter
- Type ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old and then press Enter
- Type exit and then press Enter
- In the command prompt type exit
- Now restart your PC, then log in and download the latest version of Windows Installer.
If you know more solutions to this error, please mention below!