FIX: Error saving wireless profile on Windows PC
The error message indicates that: Windows has experienced an error saving the wireless profile. Specific error: The system can not find the file specified.
However, the reason for this error message is diverse and includes:
- malware or virus infection
- Corrupt / missing registrant file system
- Outdated/incompatible network adapter device drivers
Meanwhile, we have come up with a solution that works to solve a problem saving wireless profile errors on your PC.
Steps to improve the wireless profile to save the trouble
Solution 1: Run a full system scan
Viruses and malware can cause an error saving the wireless profile problems. This malware infects your file system generates an error.
Therefore, run a full system scan on your PC to remove any possible virus corruption. You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Start> type ‘defender’> double-click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left panel, select the icon shield.
- In the new window, click “Advanced Scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system scan malware.
Solution 2: Windows Registry Repair
The easiest way to fix your Windows registry is to use the Microsoft System File Checker to check file system corruption.
Utility program verifies the integrity of all the system files and files repair with problems whenever possible. Here is the solution how to run the SFC scan on all versions of Windows:
- Go to Start> type cmd> right-click Command Prompt> select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the command sfc / scannow.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced at the next reboot.
Solution 3: Use CCleaner
CCleaner is a utility program that can repair corrupt system files. You can download CCleaner on your Windows PC and use it to scan, repair and clean destructive system files corrupted files mainly responsible for this error.
Follow these steps to download, install, and use CCleaner:
- Download free version or download CCleaner CCleaner Pro version.
- Download and follow the steps to complete the installation.
- After installation, launch CCleaner and then click on the “Analysis” option.
- After CCleaner has finished scanning, click the “Run Cleaner”. Follow the instructions to activate the CCleaner to delete temporary files.