The ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND usually appears when you’re trying to open a file in an app using the open file dialogue box. This article contains some effective ways to troubleshoot this error.
How to fix ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND in Windows 10?
Checking disk for any possible errors:
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
Perform an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run and then reboot the PC
Cleaning up unnecessary files:
- Go to the start menu, then search for disk cleanup and launch it.
- Select the respective disk you want to clean, then see how much space you can cleanup
- Now select the button cleanup system files.
- The disk cleanup will remove any unnecessary temporary files from the drive
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
The article would’ve turned out to be useful in fixing the error, however, by any chance, the methods didn’t work for you and you opted for some other method then please let us know in the comments section below.