Sometimes Windows users encounter an unexpected flashing black box appearing on their screens which may come up due to obsolete display drivers, corrupted system files, and other potential reasons. In this guide, you’ll learn how to get rid of the flashing black box from your screens.
How can I fix the issue of flashing black box?
Check Video Adapter Drivers:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Then input devmgmt.msc in the RUN dialog box and click OK
- Then look for display driver and right-click on it
- Head over to Update Driver Software option
- If there are any updates available then let Windows complete them and see if the issue is fixed
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Run the Windows Troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows.
To run the Windows troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Run the Troubleshooter and after the process completes simply restart your PC
If this article served its purpose right and you were able to resolve the issue then, please leave your feedback in the comments section below.