Sometimes you may face some unpleasant network errors such as ‘hosted network couldn’t be started on Windows 10′. Luckily there are solutions to this error that I’ll be mentioning below so that you can resolve this problem on your computer efficiently.
How to resolve the ‘Hosted network couldn’t be started on Windows 10’?
Solution 1: Look if Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is running
- Press Windows key + X key
- Now choose Network Connections.
- Locate your network right-click on it and click on Disable
- After a few seconds, Enable it again and close the window.
- The next step is to ensure that Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is working in device manager for that follow the steps below:
- Again press Windows key + X key.
- And then select Device Manager.
- Head over to View and check Hidden Devices
- Now go to Network adapters and expand it.
- Look for Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter and click on Enable.
- Now that you’ve done this, open the command prompt and type in the following command:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NetworkName key=YourPassword
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Solution 2: Check if you’re WiFi is working
Well, to fix the errors with other methods, you need to ensure that your WiFi is switched on and working.
Solution 3: Changing Power Management Settings
- Once again, open the Device Manager
- Then locate your respective wireless adapter
- Open its properties
- Head over to the Power Management Tab
- Now tick the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box
- Click Ok and reboot your PC
- Enable sharing
- Check the compatibility of your wireless adapter with hosted networks
If you know more solutions to this error, then please mention them in the comments below!