It is possible that when you’re trying to reset your Windows software you’re encountered with Insert your Windows installation or recovery media error. This article is a complete guide for the Windows users who wish to fix this error quickly and easily.
How to fix Insert your Windows installation or recovery media error?
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Run Reset this PC from a recovery menu:
- Restart PC 3 times until Advanced Recovery Menu
- Now select Troubleshoot
- Then click on reset this PC
- Select to keep your files and follow the instructions appearing on the screen
Use bootable media as source:
- Insert installation drive
- Then open File Explorer and the media drive
- Now double-click on Setup.exe to launch it
- Keep all files and follow the instructions on the screen
If this article happened to an effective guide to fix the Insert your Windows installation or recovery media error then please let us know in the comments section below.