FIX: Intel(r) Smart Sound Technology OED driver problem
If an error occurs in your Intel NUC product, you can finish it by updating the BIOS or Realtek driver.
If you use a laptop or PC from another manufacturer, follow these steps instead.
1.Update the BIOS.
- Visit the center of downloading your manufacturer’s drivers such as Dell, or Lenovo.
- Select your laptop or desktop PC model.
- Download any BIOS update available for your computer.
- Install the BIOS update.
- After the update is installed, restart the computer and enter the BIOS settings.
- To enter the BIOS settings, press F2 repeatedly because the initial startup screen appears.
- Press F9 to set the factory default.
- Press F10 to save and exit from BIOS settings
- Turn on the computer and check whether Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology Oed the driver problem is resolved.
For HP laptops
- Download the HP Support Assistant and run the installer to install the application.
- Launch the HP Assistant support and wait for the application to scan the updated drivers.
- Update all Realtek drivers available for download.
- Repeat the steps for Intel drivers too.
- If there is a BIOS update, install the BIOS update too.
After all updates are installed, restart the system and check any improvements.
2.Reinstall Intel Smart Sound Technology
- Press the Windows + R button to open the way.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In Device Manager, expand software components.
- Right-click on Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Oed.
- Select Uninstall.
- Check this ‘Delete Driver software’ box and click Uninstall.
- After removing, restart the computer.
- Download Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
- Run the installer and continue with the installation.
- Download and install recommended drivers.
- Once installed, restart the computer and check any repairs.
Intel (r) Smart Sound Technology Oed driver problems can occur for several reasons.