LockAppHost.exe doesn’t usually cause any issues with your system. Still, sometimes it starts to drain your computer’s memory and honestly you don’t want a computer program to start eating up your device’s memory that you need to save your important files and stuff. Here are some solutions to resolve this issue, so keep reading.
How to fix the LockAppHost.exe draining memory issue?
Run an SFC scan :
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- And restart your PC after the command runs.
- Type services.msc in the search bar.
- Look for LockAppHost utility and right-click on it then head over to properties.
- Next click on stop then click on start again.
- Restart your computer and see if the error is gone
Check for the virus:
It is possible that LockAppHost is using more memory because any virus or malware infects it. So you need to run a virus and malware scan on your PC and if there are any viruses or malware present then remove them from your system and see if still, the LockAppHost is using more memory.
Lock and unlock your PC :
You can stop LockAppHost from draining extra memory by merely locking your PC and then log in back. Yes, simple and effective solution to save your memory.
If you know more solutions to this issue, then mention in the comments below!