Microsoft Store is the best place for games and apps in Windows 10. However, sometimes it can face an error ‘Microsoft Store error 0x80072f8f’ which mostly occurs in between the installation of apps or games and even when updating the existing ones. So here are some solutions to resolve the ‘Microsoft Store error 0x80072f8f’.
How to fix the ‘Microsoft Store error 0x80072f8f’
Method 1 [Run SFC]
The files get corrupted now and then because frequent updates and so we can’t ignore the fact that most of the time corrupted files cause such type of errors. To resolve this, you have to run SFC by following these steps:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Command Prompt window will open choose and run as an administrator
- Type in the following command and press enter [sfc/scannow]
- After the scan is complete, restart your PC.
Method 2 [Running Windows Troubleshooter]
Windows Troubleshooter is the solution to pretty much every error found in your computer. Let’s do it the troubleshooter way! Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + I
- Settings will open, choose Update & Security
- Then select troubleshoot, further expand the Microsoft Apps Troubleshooter option
- And finally click troubleshoot
Method 3 [Disable the antivirus]
You may have a third party antivirus downloaded to cater to the malware and virus threat. Still, the antivirus may be causing a problem to Microsoft Store and so it advisable to try disabling the third-party antivirus to get rid of the error.
Method 4 [ Set the date and time manually]:
Yeah, it may seem an insignificant thing, but sometimes it becomes an important thing to resolve errors. So in the settings, turn off the auto time and date option and manually choose a time zone and set the time and date manually. This method will likely resolve the issue!