Ntoskrnl.exe is one of the many processes that run in background in order for Windows to function properly. However sometimes the Ntoskrnl.exe tends to cause high CPU and disk usage. Well nobody wants that happening to their computer but still at any point if you face that issue, you can fix it by using the solutions mentioned below.
How to fix the high CPU and disk usage caused by Ntoskrnl.exe?
Disable superfetch service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Type services.msc in the RUN dialogue box and click OK
- Head over to Superfetch and open its properties
- Then set the Startup type to Disabled
- Next click on stop to stop the service
- Finally, click Apply and Ok to save changes
Turn off BlueStacks:
- Simoly open the Notepad and enter the following text in it “
C:Program Files (x86)BlueStacksHD-Quit.exe”
net stop BstHdUpdaterSvc
net stop BstHdLogRotatorSvc
net stop BstHdAndroidSvc
- Now save as the file as type All Files
- Enter script.bat as the file name and click on Save
- Then navigate to the file and run it by double clicking on it
Change power plan to high performance:
- Open power settings
- Then select high performance
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
If this article helped you fix the high CPU and disk usage caused by Ntoskrnl.exe then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.