The printer error can occur due to several reasons, such as an obstruction in the paper feed tray. I can understand this error can be really annoying, especially when you’re trying to print some important files. So, here are some methods that could help solve this error.
How to fix the printer error?
Check internal Debris:
- First, lift the lid to move the carriage if it’s a manual moving carriage.
- Now check the inside of the compartment and clean it with compressed air.
- Remove the ink cartridges.
- Now clean the metal contacts and contact patch present inside the printer with a piece of cloth.
- Let it dry and reinstall the cartridges in the printer.
- Now clean the plastic strip that is placed above the carriage.
- Next, take a clean white paper and push it through the rollers to clean the internal debris.
Resetting the printer:
- First, turn off your printer and unplug the power cable of the device.
- Leave it like that for around 10 minutes.
- Now connect the power cable while pressing and holding the power button for around 1 minute.
- Now see if you can print the document.
Take printer for service:
Well, if the methods mentioned above didn’t help fix the issue, then the printer might have some internal issues that can only we fixed through service by the company.