Just like the Blue screen and Black screen of death, there exists a red screen of error too which is rare but by any chance, if you encounter this error then this article is your go-to guide to fix that. All you’ve to do is follow the steps given in the methods to resolve this issue.
How to fix the red screen of death error?
Usually, users tend to overclock their GPU or CPU to get the best performance out of the system. Perhaps, this also increases the temperature and can result in overheating of the system which could further cause the red screen error. So in order to avoid that, consider removing overclocking from your GPU or CPU.
You’ve to make sure that your BIOS isn’t obsolete. If yes, then you should update it to fix the error.
Remove softOSD software:
- Go to the Start Menu and open Settings
- Then click on Apps
- Now select Apps and Features
- Look for softOSD from the list and simply click uninstall
Uninstall and Reinstall the graphic card drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Next, click on Device Manager
- head to Display Adapters section. Now find your graphic card driver
- Next, right-click on the driver and click on uninstall
- Then tick the Remove the driver software for this device box and click ok
- After the driver has been removed, Restart your PC
- Now go to your respective graphic driver’s site and download and install the latest drivers
If this article turned out to be useful to you in fixing the red screen error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below and if not then let us know what other ways you used to fix the error.