Rundll32.exe files are basically related to the functionality of Windows 10. They’re known as system processes. These codes run numerous times again and again in your system to increase the processing power and increase the memory. Obviously, for such a complex code to be reused many times can cause some errors. Rundll32.exe error is caused due to corrupted, damaged, deleted, or missing DLL files, or maybe the DLL entries got incorrect. Here are some ways to fix the Rundll32.exe error in Windows 10 in a few easy steps.
Ways to fix Rundll32.exe error in Windows 10
Delete Rundll32 files from your antivirus’s sandbox:
Rundll32.exe files may be downloaded or moved to the sandbox of your antivirus. And this caused the error in your system. So all you have to is look into your antivirus, and if the Rundll32.exe files are present in the sandbox, delete them.
If this doesn’t work, then try removing the antivirus and see if the error is still present. If it’s still there, move on to the other way to solve the problem.
Replace a new Rundll32 file with the corrupted one:
As mentioned above, Rundll32 files may get corrupted, so in that matter, you’ve to copy Rundll32 files from another PC and paste them in your computer, replacing the new Rundll32 files with the old corrupted ones. To do that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In the other PC, go to C:WindowsSystem32 and look for the Rundll32.exe
- Then copy the file to your pen drive (USB)
- Now paste this file in your computer’s C:WindowsSystem32
- And delete the old one.
- Finally, restart your PC
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the Rundll32 error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Other ways to solve the Rundll32. Exe error:
- Run an SFC scan
- Update your Windows
- Close all tabs of your browser and clean the cache as well.
- Replace corrupted Rundll32 file using startup repair
If there are other solutions to this error in your knowledge, share them in the comments below!