FIX: “Server accidentally ‘0x801901F7 error in the Windows Store
If you’ve got an error message, Server Error Stumbled with 0x801901F7. We all have bad days, especially when accessing the Windows Store; do not worry; we have the right fit for you.
0x801901F7 error associated with the Windows Store and usually occurs when one attempts to launch the Windows Store. However, this error does not come from the PC and the Microsoft Store problem whose origin can be traced to the Server MS.
How to solve the Server Stumbled by mistake 0x801901F7 Errors
1. Restart your PC
Windows users report that they can solve the problem 0x801901F7 by merely restarting their PCs. This method is a quick fix that may clear the error and make it possible for you to access the Windows Store.
However, if you still get it after restarting your PC, you can proceed to the next step.
2. Sync your Microsoft Account
- Sign up to make Microsoft’s Windows Live profile or if you already have a Microsoft account, proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Windows Live account> Enter your email address and password and click login.
- Enter the 5-digit code to confirm your area code will receive a phone number or alternate email address> Click Next to login.
- Go to your Windows settings and click Accounts.
- Enter your work email address and password in the “Add user menu and follow the instructions.
- Sometimes, Microsoft Account settings are invalid or incorrectly can prevent you from accessing any website Microsoft services, notably Windows Store.
The Server Stumbled by mistake 0x801901F7 probably due account is not valid or less than Microsoft Account.
Also, after following these steps, you can proceed to launch the Windows store or access any other Windows services on your PC to test this fix.
3. Use Microsoft Sign-in Assistant
- Download and install Microsoft Account Problems.
- Press Windows + R keys together to launch the Run program.
- In the Run box, type services.msc and click OK.
- In the Services window, please scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and double-click on it to open the Properties.
- Set the startup type to Manual.
In the bottom left area, click Start if the Startup status Stopped at the bottom left> Apply> OK.
You can use Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant troubleshooter to resolve the error 0x801901F7. This tool should be downloaded and installed because it provides a troubleshooting guide walkthrough to help you access Microsoft services. Follow the steps above to download and install the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant on your PC.