It is possible that sometimes you’re unable to empty your recycle bin. In that case, you can restore the files again and empty the recycle bin in the Safe Mode. However, if that doesn’t work then try out the methods mentioned below.
How to fix the recycle bin issue?
Reset recycle bin:
- Open command prompt and run it as admin
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin
- Let the command run and then restart your PC
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Empty Recyle Bin as admin:
- Log in as admin in your Windows PC and then open Recycle bin folder
- Now try to empty it again
- See if the issue is fixed
If this article helped you fix the problem then please let us know in the comments section below.