FIX: Something happened error in Windows 10
While upgrading to Windows 10, often you might get. Something happened error message that will cause your Windows 10 installation failed.
Something happened a message may appear in a variety of situations.
How can I fix an error when updating Windows 10?
1. Make sure that you have enough space
Suppose you encounter an error message. Something happens on your PC; the problem may be related to lack of storage space. Sometimes the update will not have enough space to install, and it will cause this error.
To fix this problem, you need to free up some space on your system partition. You can do this manually, but we would advise you to use special software, such as Ashampoo Win Optimizer.
The interface is user-friendly bd straightforward to use. All you have to do is to choose the Drive Cleaner function of choice Maintain system and let the software to get rid of all the junk files.
2. Disable or remove your antivirus software
If the antivirus is disabled, but you still get Something happens message, try uninstalling your antivirus.
Keep in mind that deleting your antivirus can make your system vulnerable, so you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
Currently, the best antivirus applications on the market that we recommend you use is IObit Uninstaller.
Let’s look at some of the essential features of this software:
- Easily remove extra programs to free up disk space and improve overall PC performance.
- Real-time detection of malicious programs, including adware.
- Remove leftovers that other uninstallers can not erase.
- Storing all your software updated.
- Monitor system changes.
3. Use the Administrator account
- Search Media Creation Tool Exe file and right-click.
- Select Run as administrator from the menu.
- Continue to update Windows.
You can solve the issue with the help of following the above solutions.