Start Menu is vital for every Windows user. However, it was reported by the Windows 10 users that the super important start menu isn’t working in Windows 10. So we decided to figure out some solutions to this issue, and here we are with the answers to solve the problem of the start menu, not working. All you have to do is follow the methods below, and we’re sure you’ll be able to resolve this issue.
How to fix the issue of Start Menu not working?
Using command prompt:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Now run command prompt as admin.
- Then type in the following in command prompt.
Taskkill /F /IM SearchUI.exe
RD /S /Q Settings
- Let the command run and restart your PC and see if the issue persists.
Create a new user account:
- Open the control panel.
- Click user accounts
- Select user accounts
- Now click on Manage another account.
- Next, click on Add a new user in the PC settings.
- Select add someone else to this PC
- Enter the necessary information about the user and go back to change an account
- Open the new account and click Change the account type.
- Make it admin
- Now go back to your current account and backup your files and documents.
- After that, click on delete account and delete files.
- Log into your new profile and then from the settings. Check if the issue persists.
Edit the registry:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type Regedit in it and click ok
- Then head over to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWpnUserService
- Double click on Start DWORD in the right pane
- Now set the value to 4 and click ok
More ways to solve this issue:
- Creating new registry values
- Troubleshoot in safe mode
- Use PowerShell
If our article was useful for you, please provide us with your feedback in the comments below.