One of the most crucial errors in the Windows operating system is the Blue Screen of Death. The System scan at raised IRQL caught improper driver unload error can cause serious issues such as BSOD. However, it can be fixed by following this step by step guide.
How to fix the (System scan at raised IRQL caught improper driver unload error)?
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. It is best if you consider disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
Usually, users tend to overclock their GPU or CPU to get the best performance out of the system. Perhaps, this also increases the temperature and can result in overheating of the system which could further cause the blue screen of death error. So to avoid that consider removing overclocking from your GPU or CPU.
Uninstall the faulty drivers:
- Press the Windows key + X key
- Then choose Device Manager from the menu
- Now, look for the graphic card driver, right-click on it then choose uninstall device
- Wait for the driver to be removed and then restart your computer
If this guide was useful in fixing the error then please let us know in the comments section below.