Sometimes when you’re installing the operating system, you are prompted with an error ‘That key can’t be used to activate this version of Windows 10′. We’ve mentioned some methods below that’ll help you resolve this issue on your PC.
How to fix the error ‘that key can’t be used to activate this version of Windows 10’?
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system, and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
- Search for slui.exe 3 and press Enter
- Now enter your product key and check if the issue is fixed.
Using digital license:
- Head over to the settings app
- Open Updates and Security
- Then click on Activation.
- Next, click on add an account under add a Microsoft account.
- Fill in the relevant information and log in.
Manually start explorer.exe from task manager:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key
- Click on Task Manager
- Now click on File and select Run a new task.
- Type explorer.exe and tick the box create this task with admin privilege and click ok.
I hope this guide helped you fix the error. If not then tell us in the comments below that what another method you used.