The directory cannot be removed error message usually appears when you’re trying to set up the Windows account. Here are some solutions to fix this error on your Windows 10, so read the whole article and then try each method step by step and see which works for you.
Checking disk for any possible errors:
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- And press Enter
- Let the scan run and see if you find any errors in the disk
Run a full system scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan.
- Go to the start menu and search defender.
- Now double click and open the tool.
- Then choose the shield icon.
- Now click on the Advanced Scan option.
- Check the full system scan box.
- Let the scan run, and if you find any malware remove it.
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that Restart your PC, and the SFC scan will eliminate any corrupted files after that
- Empty the directory
- Do some corrections in the directory name
- Run Chdir command
- Use RMDIR command