The pipe is being closed often appears with ERROR_NO_DATA. This error usually prevents users from installing an application. Moreover, the reason for this error can be bad drivers, faulty registries, corrupted files and etc. You can fix this error by modifying your Registry but do remember it is a difficult task and if anything goes wrong you might end up deleting the important files of your system and Registry. Furthermore, for other solutions please refer to the methods mentioned down below.
How to fix the error (the pipe is being closed)?
Update network card drivers:
- Press Windows key + X key
- Then select Device Manager
- Now locate your network adapter and right-click on it and select Update Driver Software from the given menu
- Next, click on Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for Windows to update the driver
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore
- The select create a system restore point
- Now click on the system restore button
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Sometimes the third party antivirus features intervene in your system and so cause the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or the whole antivirus for a bit.
If this article was a helpful source of information in fixing the error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.