If you see the storage control blocks were destroyed error, then it is possible that some files were corrupted. Here are some ways to fix this error on Windows 10.
How to fix the storage control blocks were destroyed error on Windows 10?
Run a full system scan:
Sometimes your system is infected with malware that tends to cause malfunctions in your system and errors as well, so a full system scan is essential for removing the malware threats from your computer. Follow the steps below to run a full system scan.
- Go to the start menu and search defender.
- Now double click and open the tool.
- Then choose the shield icon.
- Now click on the Advanced Scan option.
- Check the full system scan box.
- Let the scan run, and if you find any malware remove it.
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC, and the SFC scan will eliminate any corrupted files after that
Perform a clean boot:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Head over to the Settings and then click on Updates & Security
- Then click on check updates.
- Update the Windows and see if the issue is fixed
I’m sure that this article helped fix the error.