Encryption helps to provide an extra layer of security to users against unauthorized processing in Windows 10. However, sometimes you can’t access your own encrypted file. This is a crucial problem and it needs immediate fixing hence, we’ve made this guide to help you fix such error on your Windows PC.
How to fix the cannot open the file error?
Remove the folder encryption:
- Save Windows Installer Package to a non- encrypted folder
- Then unstall the Windows Installer Package to the non-encrypted folder
- Then turn off encryption of the %TEMP% folder
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install a more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
Run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run after that. Restart your PC
Checking disk for any possible errors:
- Open the command prompt and run as administrator.
- Then type in the following command.
Note: X is your respective drive name
- Hit Enter and wait for chkdsk to repair your drive
We’ll be glad to know if our guide helped you fix the problem so kindly leave your feedback in the comments section below.