You may be unable to install your favorite game because the computer cannot find relevant DLL files such as the xlive.dll file, and it shows a pop up that says ‘xlive.dll error.’
Here are some solutions to fix this error so that you can enjoy playing your favorite game!
How to fix the ‘xlive.dll error’:
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting then error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Download Microsoft Games for Live:
If your xlive.dll files are deleted or missing, then you can go to Microsoft’s website and download the install games for the Live app as it has all the important files and so it is going to fix the error. Make sure you don’t download the app from any third party website as the application could be malicious or corrupted with viruses.
Check Hard drive and RAM:
It is possible that because of any issues in the hard drive and the RAM can cause the ‘xlive.dll‘ error. So it would help if you considered checking your hard drive and RAM for any possible malfunctions.
Update your Windows:
You can also fix the xlive. dll error by updating your system. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + I key
- Head over to Updates & Security
- Click on check for updates.
- The windows will search for updates and automatically start updating if there are any updates available.
More solutions to fix the xlive.dll error:
- Recover xlive.dll files
- Check for malware
- Reinstall the program
- Try running system file checker