Sometimes you face an error on your system that says ‘this update is not applicable to your computer’ when you’re trying to install an update for your Windows 10 software. It would help if you considered the solutions mentioned below to resolve this error.
How to fix the ‘this update is not applicable to your computer’ error?
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the Rundll32 error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Perform an SFC and DSIM scan:
Sometimes the Windows files become damaged or corrupted, which results in an error. To solve it, you’ve to run a system file scan and DISM
Follow the below mention steps to do that:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Change system locale:
- Press Windows key + S key
- Select Control Panel
- Head over to Region
- Move to the Administrative tab and click on Change system locale
- Set current system locale to English(United States)
- Finally, save changes
Note: make sure the format is set to English (United States) before you head to the Administrative tab.
If you know other solutions to this error, mention them in the comments below!