Often Windows users face compatibility issues when downloading or installing a program because of different versions of Windows OS. One of the most common compatibility error messages is This version of %1 is not compatible with Windows. Nonetheless, every error has a solution and today we’re going to discuss some solutions that are effective in fixing this problem.
How to fix the compatibility issue in Windows 10?
Adjust Android Studio Settings:
- First, download and install 32 bit JDK
- Then click on File and head over to Project Structure
- Now deselect the checkbox that says Use Embedded JDK
- Next, choose the 32 bit JDK that you downloaded
Set default application for ODM files:
- Press Windows key + I key
- And then open the Settings app
- Now head over to the System section and select Default apps
- Next, scroll down and select choose default apps by file type
- Look for .odm file type and click Choose a default
- Now finally select Overdrive and save changes
Download the problematic file again:
It is possible that while downloading the file, the download might get corrupted. Hence, the version of %1 gets incompatible with your Windows version. So if you’re prompted with this error message while downloading a file or program then you should consider downloading it again.
If this article assisted you well in fixing the error then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.