Windows Defender Firewall is a program that helps to make the operating system stand against major threats such as malware, virus, phishing, etc. This kind of threat can alter the operating system and rob the sensitive information present on our devices. However, sometimes users are unable to activate the Windows Defender Firewall which poses a huge threat to the security of your operating system. So in order to help you fix this issue on your Windows 10, we’ve mentioned some effective solutions down below.
How to fix the Windows Defender Firewall issue ?
Restart firewall service:
- Press Windows key + R key
- Type services.msc in the RUN dialogue box and click OK
- Now the Services window will appear
- Navigate to Windows Defender Firewall
- Simply, right-click on it and click Restart
- After the process ends head over to Windows Defender Firewall’s Properties
- Then set the Startup type to Automatic
Reset the firewall settings:
- Open the Windows Defender Firewall by searching for it in the search box
- Then click on Restore Defaults button and restart your PC
Install a third party Antivirus:
Sometimes, when your built-in firewall isn’t working then you can utilize the other third party antivirus softwares such as Norton, McAfee, Avast, etc. These third party antiviruses also work good in defending your system from malware, virus, phishing and other kind of threats to your system.
Uninstall latest security updates:
- Press Windows key + I key
- Then choose Update & Security
- Next, click on View installed update history
- Then simply select Uninstall Updates and uninstall all the latest updates then restart your PC
I’m certain that this article would’ve turned out to be useful in fixing the issue. However, if not then let us know what other ways you found to fix this issue as they’ll help us make our guides more comprehensive in the future.