Windows 10 is a great operating system, but the process of installing Windows 10 is not easy. Some users have stated that we cannot create a new partition error message during the installation of Windows 10. This error prevents you from installing Windows 10. Fortunately, there are different solutions.
- A new partition could not be made. An error may have occurred while installing Windows 10. When this error is reported, users report the following issues:
- Partitioning may stop or Windows 10 may not be available. Many users reported this error message when installing Windows 10.
- 0x8004240f, 0x80042468 – Cannot generate new partition error – Sometimes error message can be followed by error code 0x8004240f or 0x80042468. Buy this issue. Dealing with your hard drive may fix it.
- No new partitions can be created or even the existing SSD or RAID hard drive is not detected. If this problem occurs when employing SSD or RAID, additional hard disks may be added to your luggage. To resolve this issue, disconnect the opposite drivers. Make sure that the entire disk is connected during the installation of Windows 10.
- Could not cause a new partition. Windows setup and Windows 10 USB. Many users are having trouble putting their USB stick into Windows 10. If you are experiencing this issue, just plug in the extra USB drives and see if the issue is fixed. Alternatively, you should use a USB 2.0 flash drive to install Windows.
- Unallocated space cannot be created for a new partition. This is another issue that you installed Windows 10 on.
No new partition BIOS, dual boot, GPT could be created. Many factors can cause this problem. It is advisable to check with BIOS to resolve this issue. You may want to convert your hard drive from MBR to GPT system.
Could not install a new partition on Windows 10
Start the Windows 10 setup with bootable USB or DVD.
If you do not get an error message, leave the setting and click the restore button.
Select Advanced Tools and select Command.
When starting the command prompt, type start diskpart.
Now enter the list disk. You should see the list of all the hard drives connected to your computer.
Find the number that your hard disk represents and enter the selected disk 0 (we use 0 as an example, so replace 0 with a number that matches your hard disk).
- create the primary partition
- ntfs fast
- disk 0