Sometimes there is a glitch in Windows that makes the wireless icon show that there is no internet connection, however, if you open the browser the internet is working. This also affects the functionality of Microsoft Store and Update center as they also show that there is no internet connection even though it is present when you’re browsing. You can very well use the methods given below to fix this error by just following the steps in each method given below and see which one works for you.
How to fix the connection error in Windows 10?
- Press Windows key+R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Type wsreset.exe and press Enter
- Let the wsreset.exe run completely and see if the issue is fixed
Restart the router:
Sometimes restarting your router can be the fix to your problem. Press the power button and wait for few minutes and then turn on your router. It will reset your IP address and solve your problem.
Renew the IP address:
- Open the command prompt and run as admin.
- Now type in the following command in the command prompt:
- Now press the following command and press Enter.
Disable your antivirus:
Some of your antivirus features may be intervening in your system and so causing the error. So it would be best if you considered disabling some of your antivirus features for a while or a better solution is to install more compatible and better antivirus software that won’t cause such errors in the future.
- Change DNS settings
- Change network adapter settings
- Change power settings
- Run network Troubleshooter
If the article helped you fix the problem then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.