Windows runs smoothly and provides users with ultimate stability, but sometimes the Windows errors tend to spoil the experience. One of these glitches in Windows is the screen getting stuck on preparing security options, which may be a little worrying for you but relax, it isn’t any malware or virus. It is a glitch in Windows, and you can fix it using the solutions mentioned below.
Solutions to fix Windows 10 preparing security options:
Run a system restore:
If you’re continually getting the error, then you could solve this problem by running a system restore. For that, follow the steps:
- Press the Windows key + S key
- Now enter system restore.
- The select create a system restore point.
- Now click on the system restore button.
- The system restore the window will appear on your screen. Click Next
- Now select the restore point of your choice and click Next to proceed.
- Further, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Unplug external devices:
So you may have different external devices plugged in your computer for various reasons, for example, a USB drive to store files. However, sometimes these external devices tend to interfere with the system and cause errors. Therefore you should consider unplugging all the external devices and see if the issue persists.
Perform an SFC scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- Let the command run, and after it, restart your computer.
We’re sure that you were able to fix the issue by using the mentioned methods.