Windows update is really important as it brings new features with it as well as previous bug fixes. However, sometimes when users try to install updates in Windows 10, they report that the update hangs. The below-mentioned methods can help you fix this issue.
How to fixed the hanged update in Windows 10?
Wait for a bit:
Often the Windows update takes a bit to install and so the screen seems to be stuck. So leave the device for a few minutes because it is possible that the update is being installed.
Try Windows Update troubleshooter:
Windows troubleshooter update is a tool designed to eliminate any bugs related to Windows update.
To run the Windows update troubleshooter, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Fist click Select Start
• Then click Settings
• Now select Update & Security
• Then click on Troubleshoot
• Then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
- Restart network connection
- Stop Windows update and delete the Software Distribute folder
- Delete update and retry
- Disable antivirus
If this article assisted you well in fixing the problem then please leave your feedback in the comments section below.