Usually, when users are trying to format their drives, they are prompted with an error message that says Windows cannot format this drive. But worry, not windowstan always has a solution for almost every windows error, and today we’ve compiled some solutions in this article that’ll help you fix the formatting issue of drives.
How to fix the formatting issue of drives on Windows 10?
- Press Shift+F10 to start command prompt
- Then type the following command:
Type Select disk [disk number]
Type Clean Convert MBR
- Let the command run and restart the PC
Format the USB flash drive with the disk management:
- Press Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear
- Then type diskmgmt.msc and press OK
- Right click on the drive that you want to format on the Disk Management Window and choose Format
- Now press the Yes button
- Then choose a file system to format the flash drive on
- Press Ok and Format the drive
Don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comment section if this article proved to be useful in fixing the error. If not, then please let us know what other ways you tried in order to fix the issue as it helps us improve our guides in the future.