For those who have anti-virus software installed on your computer, Windows Defender will be disabled automatically. It’s a good thing, in general, to make sure the two programs don’t get in everyone’s way.
If you still want to activate the protector, open the “Action Center” in the Control Panel under the “System and Security” category. Next to Windows Defender, click the “Activate Now” button.
If that doesn’t work, look for “Defense” in the top right corner of the Control Panel and keep Windows Defender open. Implement the program with concern. “Start Now” button.
Option: Let Windows Defender start automatically
If the above steps do not work, you must first activate the Windows Defender service. Then follow the instructions above.
- Press the [Windows] and [R] buttons simultaneously to open the “Run” command.
- Enter “Services.msc” here and confirm with “OK”. Then all services were opened.
- Scroll down and find the Windows Defender service.
- Then right-click on the service and select “Properties”.
- Select the “Start” button at the bottom left and change “Startup” to “Automatic”.
- Close the window with the “OK” button and restart Windows.
Instead of hard-activating Windows Defender, you can also use the free Avira Anti-Virus Suite. In a video, help you explain what a security device can do and as a result better than Windows Defender.
In the next practical hint, we’ll show you how to deactivate Windows Defender again.