Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus found in the Windows software hence, if you want your computer to be protected all of the time then you’ve to keep the Windows Defender up-to-date. Perhaps, if you encounter the error code 0x80070643 during the update of Windows defender then use the solutions mentioned in this article to get rid of it.
How to fix the error code 0x80070643?
Clean boot your computer:
- Press the Windows key + R key
- The RUN dialogue box will appear.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter
- Now head over to the services tab in the system configuration window and choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click the Disable all button.
- Now head over to the Startup tab and click open task manager.
- Now disable every startup item from the list.
- Now navigate back to the system configuration window and click apply.
- Click ok and save changes.
- After that, restart your PC and see if the issue is fixed
Run an SFC and DSIM scan:
- Press Windows key + X key
- The command prompt window will open click on the run an administrator.
- Now type in the following command.
- Then press Enter
- After SFC is scanned, type in the DSIM command mentioned below.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After the command runs, restart your PC
Reset Windows update components:
• Press the Windows key + X key
• And run the command prompt as admin
• And then type in the following command
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
• Let the command run and then restart your PC
These solutions mentioned above are really effective in fixing the error code 0x80070643 so we’re sure that you were able to fix the error using them. However, if these solutions didn’t work and you tried out some other way to fix the issue then tell us in the comments section below so that we can produce more better guides in the future.