Fix: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service
This error is quite annoying because it usually appears when you try to run certain services use to fix your computer, such as SFC (System File Scanner), and prevent you from fixing other errors on your PC.
That’s why you should pay attention to extras and try to solve them using one of the methods shown below. The problem is familiar with every version of the Windows operating system, and the following techniques can be applied to all of them.
Start the Windows Installer Service (sometimes called TrustedInstaller)
Windows Installer or TrustedInstaller service module enables installation, modification, and removal of Windows components. If this service is disable, install a Windows update, or system repair tools might fail for this PC. This service has full access to Windows Resource Protection files and registry keys and runs to Repair Services to run.
- Open the Run dialog box using a combination of the Windows Key + R. Type “services.msc” without quotation marks in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Search Windows Installer Service or TrustedInstaller service, right-click on them, and select Properties.
- Ensure that the option under Startup Type in the Windows Store Service Properties is set to Automatic.
- If this service is stopped (you can check that it is only next to the Service status message), you can start right away by clicking on the Start button.
You may receive the following error message when you click on the Start:
“Windows could not start Install Windows Service on the local computer. Error 1079: The account specifies for this service is different from the account specifies for other services running in the same process “.
If this happens, follow the instructions below to fix it.
- Follow steps 1-3 from the instructions above to open the properties of a Windows Service.
- Navigate to the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- Under the “Enter the object names to select” box, type the name of your computer and click on Check Names and wait for the word to confirm.
- Click OK when you finish and type an administrator password in the Password box when prompt with it.